IPAA ACT 2018 Conference
Now in its fourth year, our IPAA ACT 2018 Conference will look forward and outward, linking to the APS review. Join us to hear insights from a stellar cast of international speakers, innovators and thought leaders from across the public and private sector.
The conversation is designed to:
- Challenge our thinking about what lies ahead: how will disruptive technologies, societal trends and enhanced global connectedness shape the future?
- Learn from international reform practices: how are other countries planning for the future?
- Explore the governance and operational challenges for the future public sector in Australia: what needs to change and how?
- Hear insights from the Independent Review of the APS: what are the key challenges and what needs to happen next?
Hosted by Frances Adamson, IPAA ACT President and Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, with speakers including:
- Andres Unga, Ambassador to Australia, Embassy of the Republic of Estonia
- Erica Schouten, Ambassador to Australia, the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Kerri Hartland, Secretary of the Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Kathy Leigh, Director-General and Head of Service of the ACT Government
- David Thodey AO, Chair of the APS Review Panel
- Dr Gordon de Brouwer PSM, APS Review Panel
A number of other leaders will join us as speakers in November, with a full program to be released in August.
- Date - Wednesday 7 November 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Venue - Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, Barton
- Tickets - Individual ticket $800. Ticket sales will open soon with pre-allocated tables to all departments and large corporate members. This is a member only event. Member pricing is also avaliable for IPAA members in other jurisdictions.
The conference will build on IPAA's previous conference discussions:
We look forward to providing more information soon and to seeing you in November!
Speakers and Sponsorship
If you would like to suggest a speaker or are interested in getting involved in the conference, please contact IPAA to express your interest.