Join the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and IPAA ACT for a 2-day 'Regulatory Reform: Supporting business investment and growth' conference.
The inaugural conference will bring together leaders and experts to discuss regulatory reform, it's challenges and opportunities and the vital role it can play in driving economic growth.
When you attend the conference, delivered in partnership between the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and IPAA ACT, you’ll hear insights from an exceptional line-up of industry leaders, academics, State and Commonwealth regulators and policy makers.
Discussions will cover the latest on the Government’s Deregulation Agenda, including the drive to improve regulatory settings and regulator performance and culture, showcasing work by the Deregulation Taskforce in addressing complex, cross-jurisdictional regulatory challenges such as modernising business communications or streamlining overlapping regulations.
Join conversations on:
- The role of regulatory reform in economic growth and its impact on Australian business.
- The future of regulation in Australia and the opportunities presented by new technologies.
- Addressing complex, cross-jurisdictional regulatory challenges and how other jurisdictions tackle these issues.
- Principles of best practice regulation including performance, culture and capability of regulators.
The two-day program includes keynote addresses, panel discussions, and masterclasses on these topics. You will have an opportunity to engage in the discussion, ask questions of our speakers and strengthen your networks with other participants.
WHY ATTEND THIS EVENT?
The conference will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Learn about the future direction of the Australian Government’s Deregulation Agenda.
- Hear about regulatory reform across jurisdictions from international, state and territory representatives.
- Share your experience and insights on the regulatory challenges that impact you.
- Understand how you can interact effectively across Government to drive better regulatory outcomes.
- Gain insights on business perspectives on the impact of regulation and ways to make meaningful change.
- Grow your networks and connect with others on the regulatory issues that matter to you.
- Challenge your thinking around your role in driving regulatory reform and the impact you can have to influence the direction of regulatory reform in the future.
WHO IS ATTENDING?
- Those who are seeking better understanding of regulation in government including those who are new to regulatory development and reform in the public sector context.
- Those who want to connect with government and learn about ways to shape and engage in the regulatory reform agenda.
Tuesday 16 – Wednesday 17 November 2021
DAY 1 | 9.30am – 6:30pm
DAY 2 | 9.30am – 4:30pm
Hyatt Hotel, Canberra
Virtual attendance: $110
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact IPAA ACT at email@example.com or call 02 6154 9800.
Terms and conditions for the Regulatory Reform Conference can be accessed here.