Work with Purpose | Episode #12 | 22 June 2020
DOING THE BASICS WELL: HOW TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE DURING A GLOBAL HEALTH CRISIS WITH MICHAEL MANTHORPE PSM, GRANT HEHIR AND ANGELENE FALK
Integrity is the essence of public service. It captures the aspiration of the APS values (impartial, committed to service, accountable, respectful and ethical) and sits at the heart of its mission.
This week, we speak with three APS leaders about the importance of integrity and its impact on citizens: Michael Manthorpe PSM, the Commonwealth Ombudsman, Grant Hehir, the Auditor-General of Australia, and Angelene Falk, the Information Commissioner and Privacy Commissioner.
During this informative and entertaining conversation our three guests carefully outline their expectations of APS staff during COVID-19 and the importance of collaboration in a crisis. They discuss:
- Integrity and transparency in government.
- Maintaining trust between the public service and Australian citizens.
- Privacy and data management in government departments.
- Listening to citizens and dealing with complaints.
- Oversight organisations managing work without impeding action.
- Using multimedia tools to bring messages to life.
Transcript - a full transcript of the podcast is available here.
Download - to listen offline or share within your organisation, an MP3 file of the podcast is available for download here.
Produced in partnership between