Work with Purpose | Episode #14 | 6 July 2020
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - RAY GRIGGS AO CSC AND LETITIA HOPE
The Australian Public Service (APS) is playing an important role in delivering the Australian Government’s response to and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Across all areas and levels of the APS, action is being taken to implement the policies to support the Australian community.
In this episode we speak with the leaders of the National Indigenous Australians Agency, Chief Executive Officer Ray Griggs AO CSC, and Deputy Chief Executive Officer Letitia Hope. We explore the decisions, partnerships and networks that were deployed to keep the people in, and the virus out, of our most remote communities.
Discussed in this episode:
- The unique value proposition Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people bring to the APS .
- Creating the space to have conversations about values and behaviours.
- Keeping COVID-19 out of remote Aboriginal communities.
- The importance of food security.
- Reinforcing the value of NIAA’s regional teams.
- How to get involved in the reconciliation journey
Transcript - a full transcript of the podcast is available here.
Download - to listen offline or share within your organisation, an MP3 file of the podcast is available for download here.
Produced in partnership between