Work with Purpose | Episode #26 | 12 October 2020
'MAKING THE LIVES OF AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS EASIER' WITH AILSA BORWICK, JASON LUCCHESE AND HELEN BAILEY
How do you cut a government form down from 164 questions to 10 without losing the rigour? How can you leverage existing business information systems to take the hassle out of payroll and superannuation guarantees?
These are just two of the innovations recognised in the 2020 Public Sector Innovation Awards, developed by public servants to make Australians’ lives easier.
In this week’s episode we sit down with Helen Bailey, Manager of the Public Sector Innovation Network, and Innovation Award winner representatives, Ailsa Borwick from Services Australia and Jason Lucchese from the Australian Taxation Office. They discuss:
- Identifying where to target innovation efforts
- The importance of knowing your customer journey
- Understanding what user-centred design looks like in practice
- The importance of team building to deliver major innovations
- Connecting innovation with the priorities of your authorising environment
Transcript - a full transcript of the podcast is available here.
Download - to listen offline or share within your organisation, an MP3 file of the podcast is available for download here.
Produced in partnership between