Work with Purpose - A National Perspective | 20 August 2020
FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING SERVICE DELIVERY - DAVE STEWART
Service delivery has fundamentally changed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In Queensland, the government hasn’t waited for its citizens to come to them, it has actively pushed services out to the community.
In this special episode of Work with Purpose - A National Perspective, Dave Stewart, Director-General of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet of the Queensland Government, talks about how the public service has come together to support the Premier, Cabinet and Ministers in managing the COVID-19 health and economic crises. The episode explores:
- Fundamental shifts in the way people are deployed across the public service.
- Adapting to more agile ways of working.
- Maintaining connections between staff and the onus on managers to manage.
- Moving to virtual Cabinet meetings and changes to Queensland parliamentary processes.
- Dramatic and rapid change in relationships within the Federation.
Transcript - a full transcript of the podcast is available here.
Download - to listen offline or share within your organisation, an MP3 file of the podcast is available for download here.
Produced in partnership between